When I was unpacking my Halloween decorations a few weeks ago I found a pumpkin that needed a makeover. It had previously been painted silver in a failed attempt to make it look like faux mercury glass, then I covered it up by putting it inside a black fishnet stocking.
For a change, I decided to decoupage my pumpkin with torn dictionary pages. This is an in-progress Instagram shot so you can still see the white Mod Podge. (After I saw this photo I didn't like all of that white space in the middle so the next day I went back and put more paper over it.) This was the first time I've ever decoupaged something round so I did one side, then propped the dry side in a cereal bowl and left it overnight to dry before doing the other side the following morning. I ended up leaving the stem un-papered because it was already painted silver and it was just easier that way!
To finish it off, I sprayed the top half with spray adhesive and dusted it with coarse clear glitter, then attached a bow made from lace and cream seam binding that I 'aged'. My favorite way to do this is to run it under water and scrunch it in my hand, dry it quickly with my heat tool and then smear on some brown chalk. I added an old blingy rhinestone earring and a vintage silver foil leaf.
I thought it was pretty darn cute, and someone else must have also because it sold from my little booth space! I have one more pumpkin that needs a makeover so I think he's going to get the same treatment!