Thursday, August 29, 2013

The FREE antique typewriter

Antique Royal typewriter:  $65.99
plus tax                            $5.28
total                                 $71.27
less store credit                -$73.88
Final price                        FREE plus $2.61 left over


That's right, FREE! It must have been my lucky day, right? I stopped into my favorite little consignment store yesterday afternoon and spotted this awesome Royal typewriter with a price of $65.99. Now, that really is a pretty good price by itself because I regularly see antique typewriters around this area priced around $100. But the best part is that I had consignment credit that was $2.61 more than I needed, making the typewriter FREE!

It looks like it has been living in somebody's very dusty attic or shed so I'm going to need to clean it up a bit, but I'm excited to have it. I'm sure I could throw it on Craigslist and sell it pretty easily, but I think I'm going to hang onto it for a while and have fun using it for display. Hooray for FREE!

8 comments:

  1. Yay! Free junk is the best kind:-)

    ~Erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you figure out a cleaning strategy let me know. I have 2. Dragged home from someone's filthy New England garage with little more than the neighbor and his leaf blower giving a go at the dust before my friend would allow it inside her car.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Free is the best price ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You consider this an antique? I'm in trouble then. lol. It looks just like what I used to type my high school papers on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have four of these in my garage that I need to sell. I had one in my booth for $40.00 and it never sold. I see them online for big money. Why can't I sell mine for big money???? I know I could take off the keys and sell them, but that would be like cutting off my kid's fingers - not cool. I will schlep them to the Barn Sale and see what happens. Happy you found one and it was FREE for you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO. JEALOUS. That is one antique that I MUST have when I have room to display it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I JUST GOT ONE FOR 5$ ITS IN THE BACK OF MY CAR... KEEP FORGETTING TO GET IT OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been thinking about you today. I hope you are not affected by the flash flooding that is plaquing your part of the state. My prayers are with your family today.

    ReplyDelete

Spill it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails